The reception committee is responsible for making the guests and members feel welcome and for securing names of visitors.
1. Greet people entering the church for Sabbath School and worship service
2. Distribute bulletins to those who attend
3. Distribute other material as requested by church leaders
4. Invite visitors to sign the guest registry
5. Arrange for an usher or another church member to see that visiting children are taken to their divisions and introduced to a leader (write the visitors' names on a slip of paper and send with the usher for the division leader /teacher). Invite the parent or relative who brought the child to stay with them if desirable
6. Become acquainted with the visitors
7. Bring to the attention of the pastor any person who is not an Adventist and who indicates his interest in our faith. Fill out interest card for pastor
8. See that visitors have an invitation for dinner
9. Plan and distribute schedule of committee member responsibility on a rotating basis
10. Contact another reception committee member if unable to be present. Notify chairman of such
The chairman of the reception committee is responsible to the pastor and the church board. Members of the reception committee are responsible to the chairman.