LOSS CONTROL OFFICER
The loss control officer leads the church in reducing all physical losses, whether such losses are from accidents that result in personal injury or losses that affect the physical and financial assets of the church.
1. Become familiar with the informational material and procedures as defined by the conference loss control officer
2. Organize, in counsel with the church board, a church loss control committee consisting of at least an elder, a deacon, a Sabbath School teacher and a youth leader. (See committee section.)
3. Notify the church that high risk activities such as: use of small aircraft, trampoline, tackle football, skateboarding, motorcycles, etc. are not covered by church insurance
4. Encourage adequate adult supervision of youth activities whenever there may be an increased risk of loss
5. Be alert to possible risks during baptismal services such as: microphones in reach of persons in the water and safety of the stairs. Set procedures for filling the baptismal tank, shutting the water off and security of the tank from accidental entry when full of water
6. Consider the safety of church outings that proper authorization is received from the board and necessary notifications are given
7. Report all accidents that are covered by the conference insurance policy
The loss control officer is chairman of the loss control committee and is a member of and responsible to the church board.